Trend Micro Cloud One Workload Security Review

A stable workload security solution with a useful virtual patching feature.

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to secure corporate infrastructure on the cloud layer, data center layer, and on-premises layer. This includes Kubernetes cloud security, which helps control or provides visibility on the DevOps activity. It helps 90 plus with operating system support.

How has it helped my organization?

It simplifies security by integrating all the cyber infrastructure layers, be it a cloud, hybrid, or on-prem. You get to manage all these things from a single management console and point of view. It's a feature-rich product that's straightforward and helps any organization to manage their server, DevOps, production, and infrastructure completely while securing them. It makes it more simple from a security point of view.

What is most valuable?

It has got 90 plus with support, which is key for today's DevOps environment. Virtual patching is one of the key features, which is executed with their IPS.

What needs improvement?

The price could be better. Automation could also be better. The firewall configuration should have been automated based on the understanding of the application, utilities, and protocols.

I have been dealing with Trend Micro Cloud One Workload Security for about five years.

Trend Micro Cloud One Workload Security is stable. It's a very good product.

Trend Micro Cloud One Workload Security is very scalable.

The initial setup is complex because it's deployed as a workload on server infrastructure. Each server will have different ways of working, so it depends.

It's a slightly expensive product.

We, as a partner, try to propose multiple vendors, but when compared to Sophos cybersecurity or McAfee's cybersecurity, we found that Trend Micro was far better.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise potential customers to choose the right vendor who can deploy the product properly. I would recommend this solution.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Trend Micro Cloud One Workload Security a nine.

Hybrid Cloud
Find out what your peers are saying about Trend Micro, McAfee, Microsoft and others in Cloud Workload Security. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.