Trend Micro Data Loss Prevention Review

Good policy specifications help to protect against theft of data

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to protect our data and to ensure that it is not leaked by USB or other methods. We encrypt the data and make sure that it is not copied to other media.

We use an on-premises deployment model.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are the micro DLP features. There are policies in place if I want to restrict the copying of records to, for example, a USB drive.

What needs improvement?

We would like to see support for agentless service in the next release of this solution.

Being able to specify an agent list, or client list, to allow support from outside of the organization, would be of benefit to this solution.

I have been using this solution for two years.

The stability of this solution is good, but it could be better if they ran agents to review the issues.

The scalability is very good because this solution can be deployed in a virtual machine.

Technical support for this solution is good, and they provide answers on time.

They should provide additional and more detailed material on how to install this solution in-house, without the help of an integrator or consultant.

What other advice do I have?

Trend Micro DLP is the best in the market. They provide a very good service and we are happy with this solution.