Trend Micro Deep Discovery Analyzer Review

Intuitive, user-friendly, and easy to use solution that helps to detect advanced threats and attacks

What is our primary use case?

I work for a distribution partner company. We use the on-prem, physical model of this solution.

What is most valuable?

It's intuitive and has a user-friendly interface. It's also flexible. We can put files, web links in this solution through other Windows.

The most valuable feature is that the user can customize images of virtual machines in the sandbox functionality. The other vendors only use images that were created by the vendor but not the customer, end-user or partner. This helps to detect advanced threats and attacks. It helps to clone the internal structure, IT structure of some companies. So you could clone the computer of the director or the financial department and place it to the sandbox. The bad guys who are looking for a way to get into your organization when they get to a computer, they think that it's a real computer. They see software or something connected with finance and they think that this is a real computer and not a laboratory or a sandbox so they run the bad script and think that they're stealing some important information or encrypting some important information. Antivirus solutions can stop attacks when they know how these attacks play out. If we don't know how the attack is going to go, we can't identify it. It customizes the images and Trend Micro helps to identify these unknown attacks.

Different parts of the organization can quickly receive information about the bad scripts. It helps to protect the organization's infrastructure from these attacks.

What needs improvement?

We'd like to see more video guides. I'd also like for them to increase the numbers of different virtual images. Now the solution can use only three different images. For example, it's Windows 7, Windows 10, and the Windows servers are 2016. Only three of them at the same time. It would be more useful if the solution can operate with around five or six different images like Windows 7 2019, Windows 8.1. I would like the ability to analyze all files in our internal network, at the same time on different operating systems. Not just three of them, but as many as possible.

I have been using this solution for a year and a half.

It's very stable.

It's a solution for enterprise antivirus protection. It's not for small companies. The price of this solution corresponds to its class.

In my company only I use this solution. It's a stand-alone laboratory. It's a stand-alone server that analyzes files, URLs, and messages from all IT infrastructure in an organization. It's not a solution for one person or 10 people. It's a solution for all employees inside an organization.

We haven't had the need to contact technical support. It's very easy to use.

The main difference from other solutions is that it uses customized images inside sandboxes. They're similar in functionality. All of them run, scan, and notice every change that some files, some scripts, some links do inside the system. The environment is imported inside the sandbox and in this way, Trend Micro is the leader in the world's markets of sandbox solutions.

The initial setup was straightforward and very easy. You don't need special knowledge or courses to complete an installation of this solution. It's very easy.

We implemented it ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a ten out of ten.