Trend Micro Deep Discovery Analyzer Review

Good HTML file sandboxing and great technical support, but stability isn't 100%

What is our primary use case?

Normally we use the solution to send the traffic. We get traffic on it and once I get the traffic, I get the SPN diagnosis and all the network services diagnostics and whatever else that I run in the office file server. It scans through that. For example, when we download some files, in our portal we are uploading some of the activity documents, as well as Excel and Word documents, etc. They get scanned through and we have DDI Rules that are enabled for the file management.

Basically, any uploading, downloading, etc. of items from our website server get scanned and analyzed.

What is most valuable?

The HTML file sandboxing is very good.

Their technical support is very good and extremely responsive.

The solution, overall, offers very good features.

What needs improvement?

The licensing costs could be improved and simplified.

If they could integrate the solution with the endpoint agent, that would be ideal. I understand that's not possible currently.

Since this is a technical device, it would be great if they could just allow us to integrate it with some of the existing VMs or our existing devices. These are all central devices. If they can offer the solution on VM boxes, like virtual systems, that would be great. That way, our hardware costs, electricity costs, and database space costs and all can be lowered.

Currently, a solution called Apex One is on the market and it has features that allow for more integrated security. They should try to emulate this a bit more. It has better bundles.

The stability of the solution could be improved. It should be 100% stable, but it's not there right now.

I've been using the solution for more than one and a half years.

Sometimes there needs to be a stability test done. We did tests and checked up to around 20 or 25 samples. Out of those tests, two missed. There were two things that the solution didn't detect but were later detected on the endpoint. It's therefore not completely stable. It misses things.

The scalability of the solution is okay. It's fast.

All of our users are currently on the solution.

The technical support is good. They're immediately in contact with us the moment we reach out to them. That's never been a problem. We've been quite satisfied with the level of service they've provided.

We previously used McAfee.

The solution doesn't have a very common setup. The initial implementation is a bit different. However, anyone can handle it as long as they review the necessary documentation. They just need to read the manual, and then they can handle the implementation. I would suggest it has a medium level of difficulty.

For us, deployment took about three days. That includes configuring the solution as well.

I handled the implementation and the configuration myself with the assistance of the solution's manuals.

I don't handle the licensing. I don't know what the costs are for the solution.

I haven't evaluated the solution, but something called Apex One is now on the market, and it offers better bundles and better integrations in comparison to Trend Micro.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is very nice, but I would suggest to others that they test as many use cases as they can at the beginning.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.