Trend Micro Deep Discovery Review

Easy to use and install with a quick setup

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a firewall and for endpoint protection. It's used for security purposes for the most part. We use it for protection.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to use.

The performance is good.

The solution, for the most part, is stable.

The product is very easy to install.

What needs improvement?

The solution could be more stable and offer more security. When we get suspicious links, we need to make sure they are blocked properly and investigated.

Sometimes the asset tool gets locked and I'm not quite clear as to why this happens.

I've been handling the solution for quite a long time. It's been many years. I've had a lot of time to work with it. However, I can't say for exactly how long it's been as it's been a while.

The solution is stable, however, it could always be better, especially in terms of security.

We've implemented the product for companies that have around 500 users, give or take. We have 15 customers using the product right now.

In terms of technical support, we have had a good experience. They are helpful and responsive. We are satisfied with their level of support.

The solution is extremely easy to install. It's not overly complex or difficult to set it up. A company shouldn't have an issue with the initial setup.

The deployment was pretty fast and only took us about two hours or so. You can get it up and running pretty quickly.

Our department is purely technical department and we are in place for delivering technical aspects. Therefore, I don't have access to licensing details and pricing. It's not part of my duties. Therefore, I can't speak to the exact pricing. I don't have access to that.

What other advice do I have?

We tend to offer our services to clients.

We use multiple deployments, that include both on-premises and cloud deployments.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We're mostly quite happy with the product.

I would recommend this product to other users and companies.

More Trend Micro Deep Discovery reviews from users
...who compared it with Darktrace
Find out what your peers are saying about Trend Micro, Darktrace, Cisco and others in Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software (IDPS). Updated: September 2021.
536,244 professionals have used our research since 2012.