Trend Micro Deep Security Review

Versatile, works with any operating system, and integrates well with the cloud.

What is our primary use case?

We are service providers for our customers. We are using Trend Micro Deep Security as an anti-malware and as an complete endpoint protection solution for server. The primary use case is data center security.

How has it helped my organization?

Our cloud hosting proposal has grown up with Trend Micro endpoint products fron officescan on to Deep Security. We propose it also on premise for our customers.  The antimalware engine is really effective.

What is most valuable?

This product has many features and it works with every operating system and any kind of endpoint. It's widespread.

Monitoring is good, and they also can protect DevOps/Docker enviroment.

It integrates well with the cloud; for example, AWS, and mow Google Cloud Platform.

What needs improvement?

One problem with this kind of  products is scaling. If you go on large sites you have to have an external database, which would increase the overall solution cost.

The solution offers many features aside from antimalware, lile Host FE and IDS/IPS, File integrity monitoring and so on, but if you use it to protect deliering agents on hosts you'd better verify the amount of host resources (ram)  utilized by DS agent itself.

We have been working with this solution for more than five years. We also delivered Deep Discovery suite products ad advanced ATP solution.

At one time we had some issues, but not anymore. It's quite a stable solution.

It's on of the best scalable antimalware solution as the amount of protected endpoints grows.

We have support here in Italy and we contact them directly. We have a good relationship with our local support.

Overall, we are quite satisfied with technical support.

The initial setup is complex.

The time for deployment depends on the size. You have different installations for different sizes.

we integrated it with vendor engineering assistance. The level of their assistance team is high,  they have skilled and expert people

It's more expensive than other endpoint protection solution. It's not the cheapest.

for our customers i also evaluated: Symantec, Kaspersky, Sophos. Bitdefender

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Trend Micro Deep Security.

If you need a versatile solution that covers many different needs or requirements, Trend Micro Deep Security is very good. It's a broad-spectrum product.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: we use Deep Security in our own Datacenter as actual users but also as system integrators for our customers
More Trend Micro Deep Security reviews from users
...who compared it with Symantec Data Center Security
Learn what your peers think about Trend Micro Deep Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
457,209 professionals have used our research since 2012.