Trend Micro Deep Security Review

The anti-virus module, the firewall module, and integrity monitoring are the most valuable features for us that we use daily.

Valuable Features

Of course, the anti-virus module, the firewall module, and integrity monitoring are the big ones for us. They're the most valuable features that we use daily.

Improvements to My Organization

It’s protected our network from viruses, and it’s done a really good job with that. It’s allowed us to set up business rules and notifications on changes to our operating systems and our firewall rules, which is a big piece of our business right now. It’s working really well.

Room for Improvement

I would like to see a little bit of better means of agent distribution. The ability to deploy agents maybe from the solution itself that would be a good one.

I’d like to see more of a database involved with integrity monitoring, a database that would be developed to identify some of the more well-known processes and files, trends, etc. Anything that would help me do less research would be an improvement.

Use of Solution

I've used it for one year.

There were no issues with the deployment.

I would say it’s probably 8 or 9/10. The server operating systems are probably a 9/10, the agent installations on our work stations and servers are an 8 or 9/10, and finally on our laptop computers/remote users the number goes down a little to a 7/10 for stability.

Scaling it has been fine as we haven’t done a whole lot but it seems to handle everything we need it to do. If we doubled in size tomorrow, I’d say it could handle it because the product has the availability to have more than one server with the cost remaining the same. I’d say scalability is very good.

I’d say they are very good, very knowledgeable, and very proactive. It's all good.

I would say it was pretty straightforward. We have a complex network, so if it was complex, it was because of us.

We had an engineer come out and spend a week with us to help everything run smoothly.

Other Solutions Considered

I wasn't involved with the process, but I know we looked at a number of other solutions. I know, however, the reasons they went with this solution is because of its compatibility with VMware, which was one of the big factors. Also, the cost was a deciding factor.

Other Advice

I would say that before Trend Micro comes out to install the product, you need to come up with a plan with the product. That could be anti-virus and a good plan of how you want anti-virus to work on your work stations, computers, and servers. I shouldn't just say anti-virus, but also firewall protection, integrity, what exclusions do you want. You want a good plan for each system and that will make the installation much faster. If you have to go back when the person is with you and try to figure it out as you go along, it will slow you down. Get a good plan.

1 visitor found this review helpful