Trend Micro Deep Security Review

Having centralized malware is practical. There should be a way to migrate without having to uninstall prior antivirus products.

What is most valuable?

Having centralized malware is very practical, but there should be a way to migrate without having to uninstall prior antivirus products.

How has it helped my organization?

Centralizing rules is practical and greatly accelerates the administration.

What needs improvement?

They should improve the interface of the main dashboard. It is difficult to find where templates define policies. Also, if you are not careful, your policy implementation can lead to management problems. It should have warnings before applying policies. They also need to improve its dashboard to help monitor the rules that are incorrect or are duplicated.

We’ve been using it for one-and-a-half years.

The product should have a strategy for installation. Prior to installation, the vendor should advise on a logical design of installation depending on the customer’s needs. In my case, it was not successful and produced serious inconveniences in our virtual infrastructure.

There were some stability issues in the virtual infrastructure due to issues with the deployment.

We have had no issues scaling it for our needs.

The level of technical support is just regular. They failed to advise how to carry out the setup and this caused serious drawbacks with interoperability between virtual machines. The consultant was not certified enough for installation to the point that after the installation, we lost money fixing the issues.

I was the one who installed the solution, as well as charged with maintaining it. Also, I'm the ESL tester who creates policies and installs them.

It is complex to install. As I said, we were not well-guided, we did not get certified support, and we weren't trained according to best practices.

We did not evaluate anything else.

What other advice do I have?

Prior evaluations of possible scenarios have resulted in determining problem areas as well as good practices. Also, it should be clear the level of integration with VMware and its different versions. My advice would be to have the most updated versions of ESXi, vCenter, vShield, etc. It's fundamental to have a network or network segment for the administration and management of all infrastructure.

More Trend Micro Deep Security reviews from users