Trend Micro Deep Security Review

Easy to deploy with the traceback feature that lets you trace back an attack

What is our primary use case?

I used it in my previous company, and it was basically used for security levels. My company was into the implementation of projects, and we used to implement security solutions. Along with Trend Micro, we used to implement these devices. We had several customers of this solution.

What is most valuable?

The traceback feature in XDR is amazing. You can trace back an attack. You can playback where an attack actually occurred and see how the attacker moved. We can easily show this to management, and it makes it easy to make them understand and convince them, which is the best thing.

What needs improvement?

There should be more tools to trace back. Some sort of module needs to be included to attach all the things.

It should be more stable, and the traceback feature should be improved. There were cases when we got virtual analyzer or CMC errors. We got false-positive malware notifications, but we couldn't trace them. I raised a case with Trend Micro two or three times, but they couldn't resolve it. Their support should be improved in terms of technical abilities to troubleshoot complex issues. They should be more knowledgeable.

I have been using this solution for the past three years.

It is stable in a way, but you get false-positive malware notifications.

Their support can be improved. For our case related to the virtual analyzer or CMC error, they couldn't trace back the issue. We were frequently getting notifications on that server, which were false-positive. They couldn't say why this is happening, and what is making this client trigger these errors. They couldn't advise on that. They should be more knowledgeable.

Its initial setup is straightforward. Deployment duration depends on the environment. Sometimes, we needed to deploy two or three devices, and we had to consult Trend Micro. Their best practices are also there.

We had a technical team of four engineers, including me.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution, but it has scope for improvement.

I would rate Trend Micro Deep Security an eight out of ten.

5.8
More Trend Micro Deep Security reviews from users
...who compared it with Symantec Data Center Security
Learn what your peers think about Trend Micro Deep Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.