Trend Micro Deep Security Review

What is our primary use case?

We use it for security, specifically for old servers still in the company. It is doing its job.

How has it helped my organization?

I have heard of a lot of threats coming from Europe, but they have never touched our company.

The reports are very extensive. They give us information about things that we are not expecting, such as number of threats that failed due to compromised servers.

What is most valuable?

It is connected into an intelligence database and is quick to pick up new threats. It also reduces my workload with its speed and the protection that it provides.

What needs improvement?

The working interface and the reports for non-technical people could use improvement. They are a bit scary.

Less than one year.

It is very stable. We are not putting too much stress on it since we are scaling down.

We have not had any problems with scalability. We have very few servers for it to protect. Instead of scaling out, we are shrinking the number of servers (scaling down).

We hired a third-party to do the AWS integration and configuration. The reseller appointed them, and everything was done for us.

On an AWS defined scope, it will cheaper than buying the on-premise service. We did a trial for the on-premise version, but we decided to go with the AWS version. We are downsizing our server room, and it didn't make sense to put more machines in there, as we already have workloads in Indianapolis.

We already use Trend Micro for their endpoint protection. Therefore, we selected them for their server product because we liked their endpoint protection product. The process took a week to ten days.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend it. I have been satisfied, as it is a good product.