Trend Micro Deep Security Review

We use it for managing application whitelisting, and intrusion detection and prevention for the CLOUD Act

What is our primary use case?

It is for managing application whitelisting, and intrusion detection and prevention for the CLOUD Act.

What is most valuable?

• It is flexible.
  • The configuration is quite easy.

What needs improvement?

The initial setup needs improvement. Once it is set up, the configuration is relatively simple. However, the initial setup was a bit of a challenge.

We haven't had any issues with stability. It has been rock solid for us.

In the past year, it is still a fairly lightweight environment, so there has not been a lot of stress.

Size of our particular environment is about 200 systems. The scalability has worked very well for us.

We used the technical support for setting up profiles. Working with them was pretty good, they are extremely responsive and helpful.

The integration and configuration of this product in our AWS environment was good. We haven't had any problems at all.

We haven't really seen ROI so far. Since it is a light traffic environment right now, the product hasn't had that many incidents to deal with yet.

Our company chose to procure this product via AWS Marketplace due to regulatory requirements. We mostly use it in the AWS GovCloud.

I was not at the company when they evaluated the other products. I do know that they evaluated Symantec.

Trend Micro was selected because it has better whitelisting of applications, its intrusion detection was far superior, and it has configurability.

What other advice do I have?

The best approach is to start off with a node where it is sort of monitoring and looking at stuff, then work your way into the actual prevention and blocking. Because it can turn off a bunch of services without too much effort which can be good, but it can also shut things down.

We haven't really gone into the integration aspect yet.