Trend Micro Deep Security Review

A solution that's easily scalable, reduces false positives and is easy to set up

What is most valuable?

The HIPS feature, as well as the monitoring around the file integrity, are very valuable aspects of the solution.

The vulnerability scanning reduces false positives by quite a bit.

What needs improvement?

The client can show as offline sometimes, and that becomes a bit difficult for troubleshooting. We end up basically redeploying the client. This is something that could be improved in the future.

It would be helpful if they added more machine learning into the solution in the future.

I've been using the solution for five years.

The solution is largely stable, except for the fact that when the client communication breaks, you end up troubleshooting and you sometimes have to redeploy to get the client to establish the connection again.

The solution is good from a scalability perspective. It doesn't take much effort.

Technical support is okay. I would rate them 7.5 out of ten. My experience with Trend Micro has been that if there are issues with respect to databases, it takes time for them to resolve the problem.

The initial setup is straightforward. From a deployment perspective, I would say all vendors are quite similar.

What other advice do I have?

We largely work with enterprise-level organizations.

I advise others to make sure that any recommendations in terms of system requirements that have been given to them are followed properly.

I would rate the solution 8.5 out of ten.