Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption Review

A comprehensive addition to our security solution with good technical support

What is our primary use case?

Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption makes up part of our complete security solution.

We have created some customized policies for our day-to-day applications. We use machine learning plus behavior analysis to track all of the malware and other threats that come in. We do research on them and publish advisories. We then create the list of IoCs for the endpoint, fully with the help of Trend Micro solutions.

We are monitoring the web and also using user-based use cases. If a user is trying to access any malicious sites then it triggers an alert. At this point, we do immediate remediation for that and the system is isolated from the network. With that system out of the way, we can analyze and repair the problem.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the support for email. There is a module called DDEI, the Deep Discovery Email Inspector, which tracks and has the ability to block email. It scans incoming and outgoing emails, including the attachments. One of the new problems is the hiding of malware within fonts, so this solution will scan attached fonts to see if any of them are malicious.

What needs improvement?

There are a couple of bugs in this solution and these are creating a very large transaction log in the database, sometimes reaching 300GB, which is very annoying. It causes the database to get stuck at times.

We are having some challenges with the network configuration and with one hostname, the IPs are getting changed. We have reported this to Trend Micro.

It would be great if this solution had support for file integrity monitoring.

We have been using Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption for more than one and a half years.

This solution is generally stable but there are some bugs that create a lot of messages in the event logs. Even with this, we do believe in this product. In fact, we totally depend on it and we are using it heavily.

This solution is definitely scalable. We have a user base of more than 500 people, and there are about 700 servers. In that group of people, there are perhaps 50 or 60 IT administrators, and the rest of them are end-users.

We have constant communication with technical support because for us, as we are an enterprise account, we have a dedicated technical person with us. Whenever there is a ticket, that person immediately contacts the technical support team.

I have experience using Kaspersky and Trend Micro is easier to implement.

The initial setup is not very complex. It took about three weeks to deploy, then there is some fine-tuning to be done over time.

We were assisted in our deployment by the Trend Micro Professional Support team.

What other advice do I have?

This is a solution that I recommend. My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is to be prepared to do some fine-tuning. Without fine-tuning, you are never going to get the full benefit from this product.

I am interested in seeing the issues with this solution resolved because it will be a great product that will compete with all of the other solutions out there.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption reviews from users
...who compared it with Symantec Endpoint Encryption
Find out what your peers are saying about Trend Micro, Microsoft, Broadcom and others in Endpoint Encryption. Updated: June 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.