Trend Micro Integrated Data Loss Prevention Review

Unstable solution with poor technical support

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution to audit the user's data transfer. We monitor the data that is transferred through USB or DVD.

How has it helped my organization?

It didn't improve the organization, The solution is plagued with bug with RD that is taking forever to fix them. Most of the function are what they are, INTERFACE, it's very unusable once deployed. It also crashed a lot of our Desktops and RD is unable to find the root cause . We had to have a Microsoft case opened to point the RD where it went wrong.

What is most valuable?

It's easy to set up.

It's priced well.

There are no issues with the interface.

What needs improvement?

This solution could definitely have fewer bugs.

Most of the functions don't work in the way that they are supposed to.

It needs a bit of quality control. At the moment, there are so many bugs that it is preventing us from getting this online. It's a disaster for us. This has been going on for half a year now and more issue created than fixed.

I have been using this solution for a year.

This solution is not stable. It's unstable, it crashes a lot of our desktops. It was a nightmare.

Does not scale well.

The technical support is awful. It takes a long time to solve an issue. Basically, what happens is that they come up with a bugfix build that doesn't even work.

There is a lot of back and forth.

Cases get dragged on for a long time; two, sometimes three weeks, and sometimes months.

The initial setup is quite straightforward.

-20000USD at least in man hours and unusable subscription licensing.

It's relatively cheap so the pricing is okay.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, I don't find anything useful about this product. It's a terrible product and I would not recommend it.

I would rate this solution a one out of ten.

More Trend Micro Integrated Data Loss Prevention reviews from users