Trend Micro OfficeScan Review

Ease of deployment and focus on AI are key features for us

What is our primary use case?

It's an antivirus solution for us.

How has it helped my organization?

It keeps us running very smoothly because there are no outages due to viruses. I think we have a very good security posture, and this product has helped us to get there.

We have also seen an increase in staff productivity because we manage the entire solution with just one person. Five years ago we needed a team of at least ten people.

What is most valuable?

The ease of deployment is one of its most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see a data-loss prevention module. We need that in our organization.

There is also room for improvement in next-gen attacks protection.

The stability is very good. We have a centralized way in which we can see that the product is running.

We have about 3,000 endpoints, and we haven't had any problems with scalability.

We work with a partner. We have been working with them for about five years and it's very good. We haven't had any problems.

We went with this solution because they have a really huge investment in artificial intelligence; not only in attack signatures but also behaviors.

The initial setup was very straightforward. It was only a matter of sending it to the console and it took care of the job for us.

We deployed it ourselves.

On a yearly basis, it's about $50,000. There are no costs in addition to the standard licensing fees.

We are currently evaluating next-gen antivirus because of the new attacks that are happening. The shortlist is Silence, Carbon Black, and CrowdStrike.

What other advice do I have?

Focus on the productivity gains that you will have. We don't have a lot of security experts in the company. We are a very small team, so we need to be very productive with the products that we have.

I would rate this product at nine out of ten. It has a lot of the capabilities that we need.