Trend Micro OfficeScan Review

Offers good endpoint protection but their technical support is lacking

What is most valuable?

I think the classic product, which is the endpoint protection, and the antivirus and security suite for the endpoint are all good.

What needs improvement?

They have gateway protection for emails, but they're not good enough. They really have to improve it. They really have to improve it because it produces many false positives with spam.

The pricing can always be improved upon. Newly added features should be free.

I've been using the solution for almost three years.

I find the solution is stable.

I don't have much experience on the scalability but processes and functionality but we have made some tests and some proof of concept to the data link prevention and it works good and it was easy to configure. But it did not expand to other functionalities, like mobile endpoint etc. We don't have such usage here. We're a small company. We have 230 users.

Technical support is very slow. There is no French support. Only English. The experts are in England, the United States, or Japan, I don't know where. So the support is really lacking. We'll have to fight against the false positives, that's a little bit hard.

The initial setup was straightforward. It's easy.

We had integrators the first time but we continued on our own.

What other advice do I have?

I think the solution is a classic, really basic software. It's good enough. The footprint on the computer is not very heavy, it's not heavy at all and I think it has a good signature database. From holistic function, it gives a good enough performance.

I think they have additional features but not for the new products with new licenses and all the new protections like the EDL or remediation. I think they added new features, but you have to pay, they did not just scale the basic product but I think it's about marketing and income.

I would recommend this product for endpoint protection. Not for the hosted email security and other services on the emails.

I would rate this solution at seven our of 10.