Trend Micro OfficeScan Review

A stable and lightweight solution that helps to protect our clients proactively

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is protecting clients. We have an on-premises deployment.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution protects us from virus attacks before they affect the organization.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the threat protection functionality.

What needs improvement?

The alert, or warning function, needs to be improved. Two days ago I received an email from the system regarding an incident that was detected with a client who received a great deal of spam, in excess of forty-five thousand emails.

I have been using this solution for three years.

I think that the stability of this solution is very high. It is always running and it doesn't abuse system resources.

This solution is extremely scalable.

I have not contacted technical support for this solution.

At my previous job, I used Norton (Symantec). When I changed companies I started using this solution, by Trend Micro.

The initial setup of this solution is extremely simple. It is deployed from our SCCM solution, so it happens automatically.

I think that this product is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I recommend, as it does exactly what it's supposed to do.

The biggest lesson that I have learned from using this solution is that it's difficult to always be one step ahead of the guys that are introducing malware, but I think that Trend Micro is doing a good job. They are always updating their product.

Overall, I am very happy with this solution, and it does what is advertised.