Trend Micro OfficeScan Review

Incorporates many engines like encryption, GLB, and antivirus and has good stability

What is our primary use case?

We deal with the on-premises deployment model of this solution.

What is most valuable?

Trend Micro covers many things. The solution right now is called EDR. It's a good solution and they have something called Suite that incorporates many engines like encryption, GLB, and antivirus.

What needs improvement?

I think if they invest in better training and training partners, it could be even better but they have good coverage here in the Middle East now, especially in Egypt. I cannot recommend something right now.

Trend Micro covers many things but there is something called ATP, advanced threat prevention and it would improve the solution if they invested in this technology.

We've been using this solution for about one year.

Stability is good, especially for enterprise companies. Small companies are also okay. The stability is not a problem.

The scalability is okay. Our current tools are licensed with the software solution we provide. So this provides them with tools over the virtual machines they have. They can add many licenses and we can extend to a larger size.

We tried to implement ourselves. Their technical support is okay.

I work with Trend Micro as a salesman, not a technician. However, what I understood from others is that the setup is okay. It's not complex.

I have a team to deploy this solution to customers. It takes about three engineers to deploy. Three engineers can handle implementation and maintenance at the same time.

It's well priced at a yearly rate. The price itself depends on whether the solution is a full suite, half suite, or some other engine. It's different according to the consumer's requests.

What other advice do I have?

As a salesman, I encourage the customer to buy the full suite for the engines.

The biggest lesson I learned is about the EPR solution. Some people say it's easier to use this type of product. This is the next generation of antivirus technology.

I would rate this solution as seven and a half out of ten. We work with a lot of solutions, like Carbon Black, McAfee, Symantec, etc. There are features and benefits to each of these.