Trend Micro ServerProtect Review

Good pricing, stability and scalability

What is our primary use case?

We primarily used the solution for endpoint protection.

What is most valuable?

We've decided to change to a different solution. We liked Trend Micro, however our colleagues in the United States used Cylance as their primary endpoint protection.

What needs improvement?

When we looked at Cylance, in comparison to Trend Micro, there are some features that seem to be better on Cylance than on Trend Micro. Cylance offers, for example, an easier management console and some functions are easier to implement.

Trend Micro is a little bit complicated when it comes to setting up special policies.

You need to look deeper for special features, as it's not as obvious as Cylance, for example, which allows you to find items with just one click.

I've been using the solution for eight years.

We never had issues with stability.

We never had issues with scalability.

Technical support was perfect.

The pricing of the solution is reasonable. Often, Trend Micro will quote a price, and if you say it's too much, at the last minute they will reduce the offer dramatically. There are no additional costs over and above the licensing.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model.

We never got to test the cloud, but I believe there was a big advantage to using the cloud.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.