Trend Micro ServerProtect Review

Enables us to protect our OneDrive, SharePoint, and emails from malware

What is our primary use case?

Smart Protection is a suite from Trend Micro for endpoint antivirus, called Apex One. It comes with sandbox and we also use the mail protection and the mail host gateway, which is part of the same bundle. It allows us to protect the OneDrive and SharePoint, and emails too.

What needs improvement?

The price of the product could be improved, other than that it's a perfect solution.

I'd like to see an enhanced dashboard in the next release. Previously, when we used it as an on-prem solution they offered us the reporting server, which was amazing. We were able to get a weekly report that could be customized. When we moved to cloud this feature wasn't available so the dashboard needs to be enhanced a little bit. It's also lacking analytics and a machine learning technique.

We've been using this product for five years.

I had some issues with technical support early on, there were some delays and I had difficulties raising a ticket with them. I haven't needed to use them in the past two years, so it's hard to comment - perhaps things have improved.

I had initially looked at moving to Microsoft this year but unfortunately, the price was too high so we stayed with Trend Micro.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product to anyone. I don't have any issues with it.

I would rate this product a nine out of 10.

More Trend Micro ServerProtect reviews from users