Trend Micro ServerProtect Review

Provides very good cloud-based endpoint protection with great technical support

What is our primary use case?

Primary use case for the solution is to provide our employees with endpoint security. We install it on their endpoint, deploy and manage it. Traffic size is quite small, with less than 40 workstations in our network and our aim is to begin offering it to our clients as an option. There are two of us in the company who maintain it - one IT person and myself and the solution is running 24/7. We are customers of Trend Micro ServerProtect and I'm a cybersecurity engineer.

What is most valuable?

I like the fact that you can manage the solution from the cloud, so you don't have to be in the office to access the management console.

What needs improvement?

I don't think there are really any large areas of concern for me right now although it would be helpful if the endpoint security had a vulnerability scanner for management solutions built into it. It would mean that if, for example, a system had different patches it would also be able to report that to you.

I'd like to see more modules. The vulnerability management feature would be something I'd like to see in the next release so that most endpoint software had a patch management or a vulnerability management. It would mean that you would not have to rely on two different agents and workstations, one for patching and one for security. I believe Fortinet has this.

I've been using this solution for one year.

The solution is stable. Initially, some of our users complained that Micro Point was slowing down their system. That hasn't happened in the last four or five months so it may have been connected to their systems.

We haven't yet tested the solution for scalability.

We're very happy with the technical support, they respond quickly and are very helpful.

I've used Sophos a lot and have more experience with it. I prefer the Sophos portal, I think it's easier to use than Trend Micro in terms of navigating to a management portal. Sophos is actually pretty easy to deploy. I haven't deployed Trend Micro so I can't say how easy it is. Trend Micro could perhaps be more intuitive.

What other advice do I have?

I think all the solutions for endpoint protection are quite good, so if someone is looking for a product they should check the pricing because that's where the major difference is. Most of the solutions get the job done and they are good at detecting threats

I would rate this product an eight out of 10.

More Trend Micro ServerProtect reviews from users