Trend Micro Smart Protection Complete Review

Offers behavior monitoring, machine learning with excellent web reputation service

What is our primary use case?

We are primarily using this solution for protecting endpoints and servers, which includes schedule scanning on weekly basis. Also using web reputation services for actively blocking any malicious website at user end.

How has it helped my organization?

Primarily, we are using this solution for protecting endpoints and servers as well. This solution is a part of our multi-layers security for browsing internet.

we use this endpoint protection to protect our endpoints using behavior and signature-based analysis. We are not totally dependent on Trend Micro, but it is part of our multi-layered protection approach.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the behavior monitoring, behavior analysis, and web reputation service. They have a very good web reputation service.

What needs improvement?

The only drawback to this solution is that it needs different products for different types of clients, and it would be better to have a single agent for all of the products. For example, for clients we need to have officescan and for server we need to have deep security from trendmicro.

Improvements need to be made so that detection is more behavior-based, rather than signature-based. The behavior analytics is there but it needs to be more advanced. Ideally, I would like to see completely signature-less threat detection.

We have been using Smart Protection Complete for more than six years.

This solution is very stable and provides all of the protection that we are expecting. We can trust this product and are using it for each and every client. In fact, this endpoint solution is used for everything.

Scalability is not a problem. We have more than 2,000 clients who are using this solution and 10 to 15 of them are administrators.

The technical support is excellent. I have not seen this level of support from any other vendors.

We used to use a solution by McAfee but we switched because of the support. It was not matching our criteria at that time, although now I know they improved.

I would not say that the initial setup is easy or difficult. It does require some expertise, so it is not easy. It is difficult in terms of management.

The length of time for deployment depends on the number of clients. With more than 2,000 clients, our deployment took almost one and a half months. We have six people, two engineers and four technicians, who were involved in the deployment.

We are always evaluating other products and comparing them to Trend Micro. Between 40% and 50% of these products rely on a signature-based detection method, while there are a few that depend totally on behavior analysis. We are always looking for next-generation antivirus solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this product as it can be first line of defense for any organization with excellent features, like behavior monitoring, machine learning, and others...

Overall, this product is very good, although there is still room for improvement.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Other