Trend Micro Smart Protection Review

Well-priced with good anti-virus capabilities, but database encryption is missing

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution for anti-virus and managing protection for our clients.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the DLP and anti-virus functionality. The anti-virus is good.

What needs improvement?

Nowadays, it is not possible to rely only on an anti-virus solution. This product would be improved if it had more monitoring capabilities so that it could stop threats before they break into the network and damage it.

Database encryption is missing and should be added.

We have been using Trend Micro Smart Protection for one year.

This is a stable solution.

We have not tried to scale it.

During my tenure, I have never required technical support.

The deployment is easy and quick. You just download the client, install it, and configure it.

The pricing is good compared to Symantec and McAfee. However, the features are not in a bundled form but rather, they are in a separate, segregated format. If I want to use other features apart from DLP, I have to purchase extra licenses.

What other advice do I have?

The suitability of this product depends on the scenario. There are many similar products on the market right now, and everybody is evaluating them based on their own needs. That said, this is a good product and it is worth having a look at.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

More Trend Micro Smart Protection reviews from users
...who compared it with Symantec Norton 360 [EOL]
Learn what your peers think about Trend Micro Smart Protection. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: March 2021.
473,605 professionals have used our research since 2012.