Trend Micro Web Security Review

Machine learning that looks at your activity and provides your devices protection from viruses

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is to prevent our end-users from getting hacked, or getting viruses, ransomware, or any type of malware. The firewall protects information from coming in and the antivirus protects the machine.

How has it helped my organization?

We haven't been hit by any ransomware.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is machine learning, which automatically monitors the activity on the machine.

What needs improvement?

The system should generate reports when an attack has been stopped, contained, or removed. As it is now, if an attack is halted then we don't know about it unless we search through the logs.

I have been using Trend Micro VirusWall for six or seven years.

This solution is stable. It's left a good impression with our company.

I would assume that It's a scalable solution. We have been using it for many years and have not needed to change.

All of our machines and servers have this antivirus on them.

The technical support is fine.

Previously, we have not used another solution. We have been using this one for many years.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward and it took a day or two to deploy.

We only require a couple of hours, by a couple of people, to maintain this solution.

We didn't use an integrator, consultant, or vendor. We did it ourselves.

I don't remember the exact pricing, but I think that it is approximately $10.00 per user.

There are no costs in addition to the licensing fees.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is that you monitor your logs and your reports to see what the system has been doing. Otherwise, you may not know that an attack even happened.

It has just about everything we need at a good value.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.