Tricentis Flood Review

Awesome technical support, integrates well, and installation is easy

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for performance systems.

What is most valuable?

The main value that we see in the product is the ability to have on-demand load generators in our cloud. We have our AWS or Azure cloud accounts which provides us with the feature to trigger load generators in our cloud. All the traffic is in our systems or in the cloud, there is no third-party connection from the tracking system resources. Having everything in our environment is the main benefit.

What needs improvement?

The solution lacks a little bit in the reporting features. Right now, the reporting test results that you want to read or you want to evaluate are pretty basic or too general. For example, If you want to check more deeply in an area that you found, hide responses, or maybe you want to tweak a little bit in how the results are shown, these are areas where the tool could improve. They are also missing the Microsoft diary application which would be useful if they could add in the future.

I have been using the product for two years.

We only had one issue a couple of months ago with the solution going down for a couple of hours. Other than going down once, we haven't had any kind of problems when it comes to stability, behaviour, or performance with the tool.

The product has good integrations with other IT solutions. For example, Tricentis integrates well with AWS and Azure cloud accounts for modulation purposes. I think they're very good when it comes to scalability. As for the number of people using the solution, we have more than 70 testing teams using Flood right now which is hundreds of users.

Their technical support is awesome. It's one of the best things that they have. When we found a challenge or a problem, talking about the tool itself, the scripted part of the test cases or areas around those tools, we had really great support. They have the typical chat that you can find in a portal. For example, how Amazon might chat with you. They get an A-plus in this area.

We previously used IBM Rational and we switched over to Tricentis Flood mainly for the flexibility. Before with IBM, it was a legacy tool doing a performance in the old ways. It was pretty complicated and challenging at that moment. It was time for us to move to something more modern.

The setup was very straightforward. There were not any problems. We used an implementation strategy to deploy the solution, not because of the tools, but mainly because of the scripting part of the tool. In our test cases, we were using IBM's tool before and during the migration to Flood the scripts were completely different. When we moved to Flood we had to migrate hundreds and hundreds of test cases. We needed a plan for those scripts to be migrated, this required effort, resources and time. This was the hard part of moving to Flood when we deployed it. Setting up the configuration settings was not a problem at all and once we had the scripts it was pretty easy. You run it and that is it.

For the deployment and maintenance of the product, I am currently the only one working on it.

This solution is in the average price range compared to other testing tools. It's cheaper than LoadRunner and Micro-Focus which I know are pretty expensive, this is mainly because of all the features that you provide.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Tricentis Flood a nine out of ten.

More Tricentis Flood reviews from users
...who compared it with Apache JMeter
Find out what your peers are saying about Tricentis, Micro Focus, Apache and others in Load Testing Tools. Updated: July 2021.
522,693 professionals have used our research since 2012.