Tricentis Flood Review

Need improvements ,but has cloud and on-premises options

What is our primary use case?

We procured the Tricentis Tosca enterprise version for test automation and with it, this solution was introduced to complete the performance testing and load testing. We are currently running performance testing with this solution.

How has it helped my organization?

We conducted Performance testing for the transformation project with the Flood tool

What is most valuable?

You can utilize this tool on the cloud, and also access application on-premises. That is a very good part of the solution.

What needs improvement?

The solution is not in an optimal state. During POC, we analyzed tool is kept on upgrading. The patch deployment is happening in parallel, things that are working today are not working tomorrow. We eventually sorted it out with help of CSM.

We integrated this tool with other software such as Azure client, but many times without a valid or visible reason, the connectivity was breaking.

Improvement suggestions-  The dashboard creation for the reporting needs to be easier. Currently, the solution does not support multiple script executions and we would like to see support for this.

We have been using the solution for approximately one year.

Tool service support is not very effective.  After following up with the account manager, we received a point of contact who could resolve the issues for my team, and that is working great. The associate appointed for this activity is helping us out to deliver our performance testing results.

We started having less trouble when they appointed a dedicated person to us. He was able to resolve a lot of issues and is guiding us on how to use the solution.

Yes, have used Jmeter & Load runner previously. Suggest hiring Flood experts only to utilize this tool effectively.

It was a little complex to do the installation. We did receive some team training for upskilling and learning. However, this was very basic.

If you are new to the install you most likely would need experts. You will find that the integration and the setup are not straightforward. It is hard to ask your technical team to get information for the installation because it is limited, this is why it is best to hire experts. The full deployment took approximately three weeks.

If the solution had a cost it would not be a good investment.

The positive point we were able to achieve the objective as per plan.

Yes, we considered other tools as well. Was not able to consider other tools due to high cost and time constraints.

What other advice do I have?

I will not say it is a bad product, I prefer to say it is an evolving product that has good potential in the future.

I rate Tricentis Flood a five out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
More Tricentis Flood reviews from users
...who compared it with Apache JMeter
Find out what your peers are saying about Tricentis, Micro Focus, Apache and others in Load Testing Tools. Updated: July 2021.
524,194 professionals have used our research since 2012.