Tricentis Tosca Review

Good performance, easy to understand with recovery, data reuse, and integration features

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for user names and login passwords. We are using model-based techniques where they have already entered IDs. Based on the ID, we can create the object, test case, test folder, and test types.

If I want to create a registration for five countries, I will create complete test cases and use the same data. There is no need to create different data or test cases for that. I can use the same data for different countries by using or passing the object from my object type.

In my previous company, I worked on two different projects. One was for the banking domain, and the other one was for the telecom domain. In both projects, I worked with web-based applications plus Windows-based applications by using Tricentis Tosca. I designed around 55 to 60 case designs in one project. I also worked on the test case design, maintenance, execution, delivery, and reporting. I wrote user stories and created some examples for test case stories.

What is most valuable?

The feature that I have found the most valuable is the recovery and cleanup process. Suppose there is a list of test cases and one test case has failed, it should not impact the other test cases. We can reuse the same test case. We can change the configuration of parameters and then use the test cases on the same thing. So, that's a useful thing. Otherwise, we have to use the cleanup process.

Another useful feature is to have our own library files. We can create our objects in the libraries and reuse them. There is no need to create duplicate data for that.

They have been giving some enhancements recently which means integration is also there. They've integrated with different software like Jenkins, Bamboo. So, we can also create pipeline points. They have recently given SAP and everything, which is very useful.

What needs improvement?

It would be of great help if they can fix the loading or performance issues. Sometimes, when I create the test case folder and test cases, it feels like it has loading or performance issues. When passing the objects, we can't sometimes find the exact element. We need to find out that exact location and just give the path for that, and then it works.

In the pipeline, when creating Jenkins, we create the list execution for passing the execution list to the commander. I feel it is a bit late, by a fraction of seconds. I first thought it could be my mistake or a setting issue, but I worked on that, and it's not a mistake or a setting issue.

I have been using Tricentis Tosca for around six years.

Its stability is much better. Last time, it was 10 points, and now I feel it is 12 points.

Tricentis Tosca is actually around 1.2 GB. It takes around 20 to 25 minutes for installation.

We have different setup files, and we use Java for that. We use jar files for Java, and then we need to set the location and Tricentis Tosca home directory, for which we can set the variable path from environment variables.

I deployed it by myself.

I am satisfied with the cost.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this product to my colleagues or my friends because it is very useful if they are using the Tosca Query Language (TQL). We can find exact data from any project, which is one of the best benefits. It is a very easy, convenient product for everyone.

Tricentis Tosca is very easy to understand. We can reuse data, and no redundant data is required. I like this tool. I am also interested in self-learning this tool and its features.

I would rate Tricentis Tosca an eight out of ten. It's very good performance-wise.

More Tricentis Tosca reviews from users
...who compared it with Selenium HQ
Learn what your peers think about Tricentis Tosca. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.