Tricentis Tosca Review

We're able to create reusable data classes when using our test cases, and non-technical testers can automate tests with access to information.

What is most valuable?

We like the idea of reusable data classes when we are using our test cases. We work with a lot of data, and so being able to create reusable data classes is very helpful to us.

How has it helped my organization?

The primary driver for us is that it puts automation into the hands of non-technical testers. Previous programs, if you’re not a programmer, you can forget about it, but with TOSCA it’s easier to get information and start automating your own tests.

What needs improvement?

So far, all our issues have had to do with our unfamiliarity with the product.

We are in a preparation phase – we haven’t seen everything yet. We purchased it about six or seven months ago, and started actively creating tests in the last six weeks.

It's excellent, 9/10.

It’s excellent, 9/10, as the response times have been quick and there haven’t been any problems.

Initial setup was straightforward. It took a little bit of juggling to get a central database set up as defaults to working in isolation, but other than that it was OK.

We did it in-house.

TOSCA was recommended, so we didn’t look into anything else. Our software provider said it could support their solution so we went for it. We had looked into HP UFT and Smartbear. We had used HP UFT but are fading away from them.

What other advice do I have?

Be prepared to change how you approach test automation – definitely a mindset shift. It's highly configurable so you want to make good use of that. Don’t be afraid to ask for help from Tricentis, they will get back to you. Have a good bank balance because it’s not cheap.