Tricentis Tosca Review

Tbox automates complex test scenarios and it's helped us keep track of test execution and coverage.

Valuable Features:

I mostly use the TOSCA Commander to create test cases. I also utilize the Tbox feature to automate complex test scenarios. Lastly, I find the requirements linking very useful in analysis after a release (i.e. test coverage, etc.).

Improvements to My Organization:

The product is very useful in keeping track of test execution and coverage. This is because it has a feature called Execution List which shows resources and the test cases they have executed. There is also a tab for Requirements where the test cases can be linked.

So, by combining those two together, you will be able to see which test cases are mapped to requirements, and if they have been executed. You will also see the number of passed and failed test cases. It is very easy to use once you know all the features. It barely crashes and recovers gracefully most of the time.

Room for Improvement:

The product, at times, does not recognize objects, especially in web applications. It would be good to have that fixed in the next version. As a work around, you have to use the feature called TBox which allows you to scan complex objects.

Use of Solution:

I have been using it for more than six months.

Deployment Issues:

Stability Issues:

Scalability Issues:

Initial Setup:

The initial setup was hassle free. Although, it would be great if the documentation for the initial set up would include more screenshots and a troubleshooting section.

3 visitors found this review helpful
1 Comment
Senior Manager of QA at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employeesReal UserPOPULAR

TBox is not a workaround. It's alternative engine to classic HTML engine.
Per my experience problems with Web automation are related with use of correct locators (IDs) and correct steering. Sometimes applications themselves are not automation friendly

03 September 15