Tricentis Tosca Review

It can be handled without any knowledge in parameterisation, especially the TestCaseDesign functionality.

What is most valuable?

The tool can be handled without any knowledge in parameterisation, especially the TestCaseDesign which makes the tool mighty and stable - even when releases in the tested software are subjected to deep code changes. The maintenance of the test tool is manageble.

How has it helped my organization?

I managed a test set over all areas for a retail bank alone for about three years with almost 1,000 test cases. I automated the starts overnight, and paralleled them on virtual clients. Then, I needed 24 hours for generating synthetic test data, regression test runs, and analyses. The runs were stable, and I could report many defects before the start of the manual tests.

What needs improvement?

The Testmanagement option are still weak - improvement is outlined, but not yet visible. I expect first impressions of this solution at accelerate in Vienna, october 2017.

Actually I upgrade the testsuite as often as possible - in my function as consultant I want to feel and test the improvements as soon as they are released. 10.3 was not stable enough for my expectations.

Not yet.

With testuite 10.3 - so I derelease back to 10.2.

Not yet - as the environments were always well set up.

This is a point were Tricentis has to improve - customer support seems to be overflood in the last few months.

Basically it's very high, the support is fast, friendly and qualified - if reachable. Which was not always the case in the last three months.

The initial setup should be done highly structured, and by qualified specialists. This is the only efficient way of a stable test set.

I would definitely recommend a vendor team for the implementation!

We felt the benefits within the first year. I would recommend in-house management.

There was no need for us to do so.

What other advice do I have?

It is a mighty and stable tool, but it needs qualified and motivated staff to work with and manage it.

3 visitors found this review helpful
1 Comment
gagneetConsultant

The defect management not being in the tool is by choice. You can attach and link it to JIRA cards, which are related to "Test Cases" in TOSCA. This I believe is a better way to do it than to impose a different workflow and DTS on users.

09 September 15