Tricentis Tosca Review

It helps us to create very accurate test cases, those that cover the most critical parts of our applications. However, it must recognize more controls than it does currently with only C# and Java.

What is most valuable?

I think the most valuable features are:

• Scriptless testing
  • Modules (object repository)
  • Test data management
  • It can be used by non-technical users, such as business analysts

How has it helped my organization?

The product helps us to create very accurate test cases. The goal was not to create plenty of test cases, but only those that cover the most critical parts of our applications.

What needs improvement?

Some areas have already been improved such as loops and conditions, but there is still one major issues. If you need to improve one of the Tosca engines, you have to develop it in the same language, such as C# and Java. So you need more technical experts to help you. QTP is more flexible on that point. Tosca must recognize more controls than it does currently.

I've used it for two years, and I spent only a few months in a project for a large insurance company.

No issues encountered.

10/10 - it's one of the most efficient support teams I use.

Tosca was chosen by the customer before we started the project.

Everything was already done before we started the project.

It was done through a in-house team, but they worked very closely with the vendor.

What other advice do I have?

You should be very careful if you have to customize Tosca because it could be very expensive, so take your time to evaluate it. Test it with many applications, many objects, and many controls.

2 visitors found this review helpful
1 Comment

author avatar
gagneet (SAI Global)

TOSCA was not meant for resolving any scenario out of the box, hence the introduction of the extensible engines for it, which you have to write code for the Customizations that are done for the required application. That said, nowadays there are a lot of plug-ins which are available with Tricentis (due to them working on a lot of technologies and organizations using customized controls), which can be requested via the ever helpful Support Teams. Anything which is not standard is not easy to provide in an out of the box experience. TOSCA does deliver a lot of modules (Siebel, Oracle, SAP) out of the box, but if the user has made any customizations, then it is natural for the tool used to test those customizations also to have custom controls :-)
QTP similarly does not have out of the box capabilities, and these have to be developed.