Tricentis Tosca Review

It's nice that it uses a risk-based approached via a weighted requirement set, although the context menu in the newer versions is not ideal.

What is most valuable?

The features we've found most valuable are--

• It’s a modular structure, so changes in a module are automatically updated in all relevant test cases.
  • It uses a risk-based approached via a weighted requirement set.

What needs improvement?

• Not all functions are logical without certain know-how.
  • Context menu in the newer versions is not ideal.

I've used it for about one year.

During an upgrade there were issues, but this was due to certain security settings on our end, and the Tosca support team was very useful in helping us with those setting and resolving the issues.

We're discussing internally with fully integrate this tool within our business.

10/10. The customer service is top-notch.

10/10. The technical support is top-notch.

In our department there was not a different solution in place.

The initial setup was relatively straightforward with support from our network department for the setting up of a common repository.

We implemented it via our in-house team in combination with Tricentis consultants.

We also looked at Worksoft.

What other advice do I have?

Try it out and do a Proof of Concept.

More Tricentis Tosca reviews from users
...who compared it with Selenium HQ
1 Comment

author avatargagneet (SAI Global)

I think the main think that needs to be understood with these model based tools, is that during the initial setup period the Business involvement is a must to ensure that all the paths are explored and a proper workflow of tests is setup for use. Without that involvement, it makes the job for the users and maintainers of the tests a cumbersome one.