Tricentis Tosca Review

Using exploratory testing, we can send an email to record manual test cases to the business analysts.

What is most valuable?

Below are the features that are the most valuable in regards to this product:

• With one click, it will scan all the elements on the screen, so that the user can select the required elements for automation tests.
  • Exploratory testing gives an option to record a video, has interactive steps to capture a manual test case flow, and it can be converted to a PDF document with links for the video.
  • Using exploratory testing, we can send an email to record manual test cases to the business analysts (BAs) who never need a product to be installed in their machine. The recorded files can be stored on a common server (that needs to be set up separately) or they can send those files to the intended automation team via emails.
  • Not much in the way of programming skills is required to use this product.

How has it helped my organization?

Our organization is satisfied with this product on the technical side of it, but our organization was looking for the reporting part of this product since they undergo an auditing process for each year. The reports should be improved for the Tricentis Tosca product.

What needs improvement?

They need to improve on the reports after the execution of automation tests, since all the current organizations are looking for detailed graphical reports.

My previous company uses an application which will create a purchase order for their products, so my company wants to track all the purchase orders and the accounts that have been used for testing. We have set up data and automated tests in Tricentis Tosca. Using the Execution Folder (in Tosca) we are able to execute automated tests which gives detailed information for each run/execution. However, we were expecting a report for each execution like what scenario executed, what data was used (dummy customer accounts) and the resulting purchase order numbers.

Tricentis Tosca is able to export the execution results in Excel/PDF format but our company was expecting customized reports, so I mentioned this as room for improvement.

I have worked on this product for six months.

There are no issues with the stability part of the product.

There are no issues with the scalability of the product.

I would rate the technical support a 9/10, their turnover time is very good.

We have used HPE UFT (formerly known as QTP) and Selenium, but some of the critical applications that we needed required different automation tools so we switched to Tricentis Tosca.

The product's setup is pretty much straightforward, no issues in regards to that.

I am not much involved in the pricing and licensing.

We explored tools such as HPE QTP/UFT, Selenium, Ranorex and TestComplete but these tools require some specific programming skills to start. Tricentis Tosca doesn’t require any programming skills and it’s a codeless automation.

What other advice do I have?

For a manual tester who wants to become an automation specialist with no programming skills, this is the right tool for the future.

2 visitors found this review helpful