Tricentis Tosca Review

Reporting is well managed and there is no requirement to build a framework around it.

What is most valuable?

Tosca is a model based component tool and also quite flexible in terms of the customization required for most of the applications, if objects are not recognized. It allows manual testers to pick up automation, because it is a scriptless tool. Reporting is well managed within Tosca and there is no requirement to build a framework around it.

How has it helped my organization?

We are only using Tosca for our test automation. It helps the business testers to get involved and be a part of automation. It helps us define the right coverage by defining the scope in the test case design section. This tool has test data management capability along with test management.

What needs improvement?

• Objects re-scanning (recognizing the objects again)
  • Providing features to highlight the objects
  • The user guide/help document needs to be improved for better understanding of the tool and its features.
  • ScratchBook execution needs to be improved as Tosca crashes multiple times.

I have been using Tosca for the past two years.

If the Tosca repository becomes huge in size, then you might face performance issues. Tosca crashes many times and the best practice is to keep saving your work frequently to avoid re-work.

There were no scalability issues.

Technical support is available via chat or by raising an incident. They are often able to resolve minor issues. It takes really long to resolve major issues and we have to wait for them.

I have been working on different test automation tools and I was introduced to Tosca because of the technology that it supported for our applications. The current test automation tool was unable to provide a solution for our .NET Windows-based application, which Tosca provided out-of-the-box.

The initial setup was not very complex. The Tricentis team provided support in terms of setting up the project and assisting during the initial days to get us used to the tool.

It is an expensive tool compared to other test automation tools. It has a lot of advantages over other tools. They provide different types of licensing like cloud, Node locked, and floating licenses.

We did Proof of Concept with other automation tools, such as UFT and TestPartner, but we found Tosca to be a better tool.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this tool. It is user friendly, once you get used to it, and it is easy to implement. You might have to struggle initially to understand Tosca and its approach.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Yes, our company has a business relationship and is an Partner of Tosca wherein the employees of our company get different benefits like free certifications, free trial licenses for training purposes.