Tricentis Tosca Review

The model-based scriptless automation needs less maintenance as compared to the script-based automation

What is most valuable?

The model-based scriptless automation is the most valuable feature because it needs less maintenance as compared to script-based automation.

Tricentis Tosca supports 35 technologies, such as web, mobile, Salesforce, Java, SAP, ServiceMax, and Flash applications.

How has it helped my organization?

Tosca follows the shift-left approach. A new resource can start automation on the first day of its project.

What needs improvement?

Parallel execution is not yet implemented for Tosca. This means you can't execute the same test case on multiple machines remotely. For execution, test cases have to be present on that machine. Even while, a test case is executed you can't perform any other activity; you end up sitting idle during execution.

I have used this solution for 18 months.

There were no stability issues.

There were no scalability issues.

Technical support is fair.

Previously, we were using Selenium. We switched to Tosca due to the less maintenance aspect and the wide technology support which it provides.

Configuration is easy.

No idea about the licensing cost.

Whilst selecting a vendor, we look for factors such as technical support and maintenance.

What other advice do I have?

If you are looking for automation of the packaged application and less maintenance, then go for Tosca.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are testing services partners with Tricentis Tosca.