Tripwire IP360 Review

It can schedule and run vulnerability scans as needed.

Valuable Features

It’s most valuable feature is the ability to schedule and run vulnerability scans as needed.

Improvements to My Organization

It has enhanced the security program by ensuring that all external-facing systems are scanned on a routine basis.

Room for Improvement

There are inconsistencies in some of the vulnerability findings when compared to similar tools. For example, a recent scan didn’t turn up any vulnerabilities related to SSL but when I used another tool, it found those vulnerabilities, which after some investigating were valid.

Use of Solution

I have used it for 2.5 years.

I have not encountered any stability issues.

I have not encountered any scalability issues.

Tripwire’s technical support has always been excellent.

I did not previously use a different solution, but next year I will be switching to a different cloud-based, security-as-a-service solution.

It is a cloud-based tool, so there wasn’t anything to configure.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

The pricing is definitely the most affordable in the market.

Other Solutions Considered

I evaluated similar products from BeyondTrust and Qualys.

Other Advice

If you are looking for affordability, this is a great deal. If you are looking for better reporting capabilities and vulnerability tracking over time for remediation purposes, then this is not the best solution.

My rating reflects the product being used purely for PCI ASV scans. If used for perimeter-only scanning, I would rate this tool lower.