Tripwire IP360 Review

Given the audit report, you are able to investigate how the vulnerability is triggered, along with all the other information surrounding the vulnerability.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of the product is reporting on an audit after a vulnerability scan is completed, and furthermore, the details that the audit report provides.

How has it helped my organization?

This product detects vulnerabilities which exist in the environment, and provides enough information that allows for remediation, thereby securing the environment.

After remediation is completed, executing another scan allows us to check if the remediation has been performed properly.

What needs improvement?

For IP360, unfortunately, scans for certain vulnerabilities often cause issues, as they are mainly false positive.

For instance, scanning Microsoft OS patches often leads to false positives, since they will identify patches that are missing, yet these missing patches are often superseded by newer patches that have been applied.

There are several more recommendations I could make, too.

We have been using the solution for 11 months.

There were a few minor hiccups concerning scanners going down, but this does not happen often.

We had a scalability issue when we scheduled multiple scans to occur in a specific time frame, and there have been instances where these scheduled scans do not complete on time.

However, most of the time, the scheduled scans complete on time.

Technical support was hardly required for IP360.

I have not previously used a different solution.

I did not do any initial setup, as it was already prepared.

I cannot advise others on this issue.

I did not make any evaluation on what products to use.

What other advice do I have?

This tool is only great for reviewing identified vulnerabilities and verifying remediation, but not vulnerability tracking or reporting.