Tripwire IP360 Review

A mature and evolving solution that has become the pinnacle point for anything that enters the network

What is our primary use case?

We have multiple uses for this solution, we use it for breakouts and early detection. We use it much more for security rather than for compliance on policies. Then it's more about the whole infrastructure, early detection, file integrity management, and everything else.

How has it helped my organization?

It's become the pinnacle point for anything that enters the network or anything that's passing through to production to first be affected by IP360, hardened, and up to standard. For our integrity management, one was deployed in the bank about two years ago and that's still going to expand the usage and the product itself. That will go hand in hand with training and expanding the product as for where it's deployed.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature would be the command app to control feature. It's not hugely utilized. It can go a lot further. It can be used a lot more because it can drift over into spaces from telephoning, where you have certificate expiry and it's easy with a couple of scripts to control expiry or certificates for everything else for outages with a call center solution. There are multiple areas where the product can quickly adapt by using upper command control to immediately solve a lot of issues where you don't need to look at other products.

What needs improvement?

The reporting functions can use improvement. There is room for growth because reporting functions differ a lot depending on what you're going to output. It depends on whether it's for technical or senior management and how it's interpreted. There could be growth within the reporting functionality side.

Highly stable with excellent support.

In terms of scalability, it's one of the most mature solutions. It's highly scalable and we mostly deal with large sectors like ISPs, banks, and telecommunications agencies so all of the solutions are highly scalable.

Their technical support is better than excellent.

The initial setup is more complex than other products but absolutely the most mature one that I've dealt with. Tripwire is one of the most mature in terms of companies, suites, support, everything, much more than any other product. Deployment is dependent on organizational size so it's hard to say but it took around one to two weeks plus there will be a lot of follow up on skill transfer and training which is certainly another growth area.

We have most definitely seen ROI. Especially in the banking sectors and, most definitely, with telecommunications as well.

It's more expensive but also more superior. I've had a lot of cases where I opted for something similar which they normally have and some other kind of products but they always fall short and it doesn't do so I know of a release of more than two different products have been deployed that have failed and are not being used anymore.

I do constant research into solutions available on the market. I've got my own battle sheets which I know the ins and outs of each product available on the market. It's different from what Gartner says because Gartner runs around with Fortune 500 and large organizations, where it's different in South Africa, in a much smaller market.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise you to do your homework when considering this solution.

I would definitely rate it a ten, it's one of the most mature solutions and is constantly evolving.