Trustwave DbProtect Review

We have control over small databases that spring up and introduce security issues.

What is most valuable?

Scanning for databases is the most valuable feature of this solution. This is because most of the security breaches that you hear about, require some sort of insecure database within the enterprise in order to enable the data to be sent somewhere else.

How has it helped my organization?

It provided us with better control over the small databases that might spring up and introduce security issues.

What needs improvement?

A better interface to understand what network is going to be scanned.

Also, when we had two instances where we thought that the scheduled scanning was turned off and it went active, causing some network issues.

I have used this solution for around two years.

The system that is running scans can become slow to respond. Thus, you should be able to say, don't consume more than a particular amount of resources when scanning.

The interface to manage multiple systems was okay but we did not have a chance to scale the system truly to the enterprise levels, i.e., not beyond instance numbers with value greater than 10.

We did not interact much with the technical support but they were helpful when needed.

We were not using any other solution.

The initial setup was straightforward.

Someone else did the bake-off; I handled the technical implementation part.

What other advice do I have?

You should go for it. Knowing what is in your enterprise and its vulnerabilities can save you from being the next headline.