Tsfactory logo

TSFactory RecordTS Review
Utilize support for installation. They are quick to respond, and quick at getting to the bottom of issues.

Valuable Features

We have used the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) and Citrix session recording features, and have found them to be extremely valuable.

Improvements to My Organization

We were asked by security auditors to monitor vendor connections to our assets (servers and users' workstations) when providing tech support via live connection. This enables us to keep track of those sessions, and monitor unsolicited connections should they occur.

Room for Improvement

A built in utility that alerts when connections are made, either via RDP or ICA.

Use of Solution

About six weeks.

Not really. When following the written instructions, it goes pretty smoothly.

Sequencing of the products needed for IE:

1. The database
  2. The dashboard
  3. The licensing server.

It is intuitive, but spread throughout the instruction manual. For instance, you have to change the password for the Records service, and it is on a last page. Just read through the whole manual.

It just runs. So far, it has been working seamlessly.

It is not an issue for us.

Excellent; attentive, acquainted with networking environments, and seems to be genuinely interested in getting us the right solution at the right price.

I have had to do all of these installs after 21:00, and support was almost always there for me live on the phone. In one case, I had an immediate response via email, and received the solution. They are really, readily available and knowledgeable of the product in virtual, as well as physical environments.

This was our first solution.

The steps for installation are all there, you just have to read the document fully before you start the install. I do not know about others, but I like to install first, and read later. In this case, it paid off to read first.

Implementation Team

We were the vendor team that installed for one of our clients.

To be determined (TBD).

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

We budgeted for five hours for installation. We had the dashboard server and seven machines, which we are recording. It depends on the number of machines that you are going to install. Allow for a half an hour per recorded machine. It starts to go much faster as you do them. You will probably get it down to 15-20 minutes per machine after the first five.

We went with subscription licensing. It paid off big time for us as we installed the V.3, and just received V.4 without paying for the upgrade.

Other Solutions Considered

We had heard good things, started with this one, and have never looked back.

Other Advice