Tufin Review

We're able to easily and quickly find out what our colleagues did and to mitigate that if it has caused any problems.

Valuable Features

It's very easy to document every change that has been done to auditors or internal auditing, but also to troubleshoot when you have more than one person taking care of your policies. So we're able to very easily and very quickly find out what our colleagues did and to mitigate that if it has caused any problems.

Room for Improvement

It seems to be stuck between the usability of a browser-based application and a full application. Part of my feelings about this have to do with my perception of working with web applications, and there tends to be almost natural laws that something might get stuck or the browser gets confused, things like that which could use some improvement.

We've had no issues with deployment.

I haven't seen any stability issues. We actually seldom see issues with the product, so the experience with the support is not that common, but I think the issues we've seen have been handled quite well.

It scales very easily. I'm in a market where a 5000-user company is a large company, so there's definitely no problem there, but I easily see that the solution can scale far larger than that.

They are responsive and quick in terms of technical support.

The basic installation is very easy and it's quick getting things up and running. Where there tends to be the problem is, and it's not really a Tufin issue but more a customer issue, how to really work through the policies and get the full value of the products. It's very easy to get started, and when you first get started, the further steps where you begin to make your change to your app, there are a lot of organizational work that needs to be done to get the full value of the product. This tends to be the issue with most companies.

Implementation Team

We implemented it with our in-house team.

Other Advice

This is true for Tufin and as well for many of the security vendors and their products. I think it's very important just to get started or get the easy wins first, and then go to the solution afterwards. With Tufin, I think it's very, very easy to get big easy wins up front with all the documentation and all the tracking, just to get started and move forward from there.

See it in Action