Tufin Review

We've been using it for 4 to 5 years, mainly for rule base analysis.

Valuable Features

We use it mainly for rule base analysis. We do a lot of customs and they always have complex custom rule bases, so we need to be able to go through the rule base and also to optimize the rules.

Improvements to My Organization

We don't use it on a day to day basis. Obviously we're running it all the time but we only need to look at it once a month when we do a review. It's not something that we use all of the time. When we do perform a review, it gets passed across to the lead engineers for that particular account to look at the rule bases and agree on what we're going to do with it and then they sort it out.

Room for Improvement

One of the things that I think they're all missing is something that Indeni does where they mount the boxes proactively for us.

Use of Solution

We've been using it for around four, maybe five years.

We have had no performance issues.

We did have an issue with load on the original machine but that was actually our fault. We've put it onto new servers now and haven't had a problem.

They're very, very good.

There's obviously some complexity to it because you've got to open up rules for the rule bases in order to talk to firewalls, but it was easy.

Other Solutions Considered

We also looked at FireMon. One of our presidents chose Tufin. I don't know which project it was chosen for, but I knew once it was chosen, because we deal with the development and it was decided we would only have one standard solution.

Other Advice

If you follow the instructions you're good.

See how Tufin can simplify your network security management

Find out how automation and orchestration of security policy management can help you increase agility and efficiency, while reducing risks and ensuring compliance and audit readiness. Request a Tufin demo today.