Tufin Review

Being able to run reports to see which rules aren't needed is useful. It allows me to optimize the policies.

Valuable Features

Being able to run reports to see what rules are there and which rules are not needed is very useful to me. It allows me to optimize the policies. Also, every time someone pushes policy it sends an email to say that the change was made. I have it set up to run reports every two days to let me see the state of the firewall or the state of the policies.

Improvements to My Organization

The ability to get a sanity check for the rule base is important. Right now, we write our own firewall rules, and with Tufin, we can cut those down to four hundred.

Room for Improvement

The upgrade was a bit cumbersome because we had to do a complete reinstall. We removed it from a version of Linux that wasn’t supported and we had to do our first fresh install.

Use of Solution

We’ve used it for a couple months now.

We haven’t had any issues with stability so far.

We’re a small team and we manage five clusters, so it’s not too bad.

We used technical support for the upgrade and they were very helpful. We haven’t had any issues, apart from the fact that we had to do a fresh install, but we were provided support through that process. They were online with us right through using WebEx. That was great.

Other Advice

My experience with Tufin has been good. We haven’t had any technical issues and the features that I have seen in the software so far are excellent.

More Tufin reviews from users
...who compared it with AlgoSec
Learn what your peers think about Tufin. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,742 professionals have used our research since 2012.