Tufin Review

I like the compliance portion of the SecureApp feature, where you build your security database.

Valuable Features

We can identify rules that are not used. We can identify rules that are open.

When importing the devices, they made it nice where you can script it and import all the devices into Tufin. That was a nice little feature.

I like the SecureApp feature. That looks like it's pretty handy. The compliance portion of it, where you build your security database. It runs against that security database and figures out whether the correct ports are opened up or if there are vulnerabilities.

Room for Improvement

I know that in importing some devices, I think routers and switches showed up the same. Router would be layer 3 but they would only show up in Tufin as a layer 2 device. On the Cisco portion of it, there wasn't separation between that.

At this point, there aren’t any other configurations I’d like to see.

Use of Solution

I’m using SecureTrack basically to evaluate rule bases.

I have not really found any other side benefits. I don't really use it that much and it's relatively new. I don’t use any of the recording features.

I wouldn't say we had stability issues.

We have, I think, over a thousand devices right now, and we haven’t had any scalability issues.

I’ve never used technical support.

I was part of the initial setup. I imported devices but that's about it. It was pretty easy. You can put it in an Excel spreadsheet and import it that way or as a CSV file.

Other Advice

It's a pretty useful tool if you have a large environment with a lot of devices and you're trying to make it easier for the technicians to basically pawn the work off and make the application team more accountable.

With the limited knowledge I have of it and the limited use, I would probably give them an 8. I never give anyone 10's or 9's.

See it in Action