Tufin Review

We use SecureTrack for tracking unused rules. I’d like to see the application topology developed more.

Valuable Features

We use SecureTrack for tracking unused rules, tracking risky rules for compliance, and policy optimization, which I think is the best because you get duplicate objects and you get covered rules. I would say that trying to tune your policy and get rid of unused rules is the most valuable for us.

Improvements to My Organization

At the moment, we have not really found any other side benefits, but we will be implementing SecureChange which will then allow us to track changes. The topology feature will show us what devices in the pack need to be touched. Depending on the complexity of the routing and knowledge of the environment by the engineers, policies could be missed that need the rules. That particular aspect is going to help us a lot.

Room for Improvement

I’d like to see the application topology developed more. You have a database layer, a web-front end and other applications that, along with the policy rules, have a path that they need to take and they need to traverse several devices. That gives you almost like a network topology of the applications and I believe that you're going to be able to use that for compliance also. I can’t think of any other configurations I’d like to see right now. Nothing's perfect.

With change restrictions, we can't remediate things immediately, but Tufin gives us the information we need to then submit a change, to go ahead and clean up the policy.

We have not come across any stability issues. We support the platform, we support all of our platforms and that's the one that we've had to do the least amount of support for, but I can't speak for the other engineers.

I don't know how many devices we have in there but there hasn't been a problem. We have several business units with multiple devices across each business unit. I don't believe that I've come across a problem getting a large amount of devices in.

Tufin’s technical support engineers seemed to be knowledgeable and very helpful.

I helped import devices for a specific business unit I was supporting at the time. I found it to be very intuitive and not hard to use at all.

Other Advice

If you're in a large environment, a large enterprise, it's a good tool. It does certainly help with the workload. For the app team who are trying to develop the applications, it makes them more accountable for how it's supposed to work.

See how Tufin can simplify your network security management

Find out how automation and orchestration of security policy management can help you increase agility and efficiency, while reducing risks and ensuring compliance and audit readiness. Request a Tufin demo today.