Tufin Review

The most valuable feature that I've found is rule optimization. Another benefit is the complete set of all rules.

Valuable Features

The most valuable feature that I've found is rule optimization. If the rule has massive hits and if I want to remove that rule, I can put that rule into the SecureTrack change. After a few weeks, it will tell me that these are all the IP addresses that it is hitting, and this is all the traffic that it is hitting. It provides all sorts of other information too. That's one of the features that I like in Tufin.

Having total compliance is a benefit. When our compliance department tells that there is a rule that says IP such-and-such, and that we have to remove that rule, it’s never easy for us to directly remove a rule until and unless we have some traffic analysis and so on.

Another benefit is the complete set of all rules. If I have to find a particular object, Tufin provides a search feature. That's one of the good features in Tufin. If you have more than 100 or 200 firewalls and 100 or 200 policies, and each and every policy has a humungous amount of rule numbers, it can give you detailed reports, as well as the search feature.

Room for Improvement

I would like to see improvements in historic views of rules - stating that this rule hasn't been used for the past one year, that this rule hasn't had much hits, these are all of the shadowed rules and these are all of the unshadowed rules - so we can narrow down the rule base. That's probably one of the aspects that I would like. If Tufin can help me out with that, that would be nice too.

It needs improvement with rule optimization and compliance.

Tufin product is good, but it requires a lot of CPU overhead. It might be because of the rule base we have. It might be due to other factors, but it's kind of slow for us. I would like to see an improvement in speed, as well.

It's been stable. No complaints yet, except for the upgrade. The upgrade takes a little long, but that's fine. I believe that’s because of the vastness of our environment.

We probably have more than 2,000 rules for each and every policy. It depends, 1,000 rules, 2,000 rules, somewhere in between. We have a pretty massive rule base, and it's giving good reports.

Involvement with the technical support team went well. They are cooperative.

Other Solutions Considered

We also use AlgoSec for analysis.

Other Advice

It all depends upon the environment that you’re using. Compare it to other vendors, like FireMon and AlgoSec, and then you can rate the products and decide what to use and what not to use.

See it in Action