Tufin Review

It has very good visibility with all our devices

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is firewall management and policy management.

How has it helped my organization?

It has very good visibility with all our devices. We can see how they interact with each other, and if we're doing the right things or not.

We find it to be flexible. If we have a change that needs to be done, it will go ahead and do it for all our devices, regardless of the manufacturer that we have associated with it.

We are still in the beginning phases of it, but we're hoping that it can change how all of our policies are determined and implemented.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the consolidation of firewall products.

The change impact analysis capabilities of this solution are pretty good. We like the product a lot.

What needs improvement?

I would like the following additional features:

• Easier integration with more automation.
  • Ability to get better results from rule-based requests.
  • Ability to do some policy browsing and find out where they're hitting, specifically.
  • Ability to pull hit count reports more easily.

Still implementing.

It's pretty stable. I haven't had any issues with it.

The scalability is pretty good. All we have to do is just add another device and buy another license. It seems pretty straightforward.

I personally haven't worked with them, but I've heard good things about how responsive they are. They've always been able to find the answer that we needed.

We had no solution previously. So, we needed something that would help make our decisions on better securing our network.

The initial setup was straightforward. It was very easy to setup and integrate. We had no issues.

Most of the work was done by us. However, we worked closely with Tufin support, and we have good things to say about that.

We also evaluated FireMon. We did not go with them because the solution was not as easy to install or incorporate in our organization. To us, Tufin just seemed to be the better product.

What other advice do I have?

It's very solid product. There are definitely a few things that I wish I could do with it, but I'm so new to the product that maybe I'm just not looking at the right spots.

Try it out. It's pretty cool. I was very impressed with the initial presentation and how it could automate everything. It's just that getting to the point where you want it to do what you need it to do is definitely time-consuming and a lot of work. However, I think it will be worth it in the end.

We are working to use this solution to automatically check if a change request will violate any security policy rules. We are not there yet.

We are still in the process of getting it developed. Some of the portions that I have used have helped me, as I can just go to one place and find out if a rule exists, or if there's any type of traffic.

Schedule Now