Tufin Review

The product streamlines our change management process

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for firewall auditing. We use it for audit monitoring, login changes, and firewall changes. We are looking at automation, but not yet.

How has it helped my organization?

The product is good at auditing the changes that we make in our environment.

We use this solution to automatically check if a change request will violate any security policy rules. For example, if the engineer is making a change that hasn't been authorized, we will know about it.

The product streamlines our change management process. It assists us in reporting on some of the compliance for our auditing department. It helps us in managing the process and having some auditing capabilities.

What is most valuable?

• The reporting is its most valuable feature.
  • The change impact analysis capabilities of this solution are good.
  • It is able to detect our changes, email, and alert us.

What needs improvement?

There are features that we haven't used, and we need to understand them first.

Product seems to be stable. We haven't had any outages yet.

I personally haven't called into support yet, but some of my peers have. They seem to get their questions resolved.

We previously had FireMon, but FireMon kept giving us inaccurate information and not up-to-date information. Therefore, we thought we would try out Tufin, which has provided us with the information that we needed.

There were some hiccups here and there with the initial setup, but we used Tufin's support to assist us with that.

We deployed it in-house.

On the shortlist was AlgoSec, which was the only one that we actually tested.

Tufin and AlgoSec were pretty much in the competitive price range, but this one provided us better integration into the Check Point environment.

What other advice do I have?

Seriously Tufin for your final decision.

See it in Action