Tufin Review

It saves a lot of work, time, and effort required to do all of our manual work

What is our primary use case?

It's mainly for the automation of policies.

How has it helped my organization?

The visibility is pretty good because it's a cross-vendor platform, so it provides visibility across different vendors.

We use this solution to automatically check if a change request will violate any security policy rules. We have a huge policy base, and we have certain compliancy requirements which we have to meet for the rules that we have. If we are planning to have a change in the policy base which could possibly violate the compliancy requirements, then we'd get the help of the tool to alert us in a way, which would make us aware of that.

It makes us aware when there will be any compliance violations possibly, and we can pro-actively prevent those violations from happening.

What is most valuable?

The automation because it is saving a lot of work, time, and effort required to do all of our manual work. The change impact analysis is pretty good, and with the automation, it takes care of a lot of things which we would be doing manually.

What needs improvement?

The change workflow process is flexible and customizable to some extent, but there is room for improvement. In some cases, we've found it difficult to get the exact thing which we were looking for. Then, we end up having to go and do the thing manually.

I would like them to have more focus on the whole compliance across the globe, like PCI DSS. These things keep on updating very frequently. If they can be on top of it and keep updating more frequently, getting more updates, that would be something good.

It's very stable. We haven't encountered any major issues, so it's pretty good.

It's pretty scalable. That's a good thing.

Sometimes the technical support is able to help us quickly, and sometimes it just goes on for quite some time. Something complex or a new functionality requirement takes time, but if it's something simple, then they're pretty quick to resolve it.

We didn't really do the deployment ourselves. So, it was someone else.

Tufin makes things a little easier. It lessens the amount of manual work which we have to do. It has a lot of benefits in terms of revenues, profits, employee costs, and operational costs. We have already seen return on investment.

The solution has helped us reduce the time it takes to make changes.

I also know that we evaluated AlgoSec.

What other advice do I have?

I would suggest looking at not just the features and functionality which are specific to the environment which you are working in, but to be aware of the other features which the product has to offer. Because companies grow and things change, so it's always good to have at least a complete idea of what the product does and how it does it.

See it in Action