Tufin Review

We can have automated reports, even with security and compliance

What is our primary use case?

The primary case is to get more compliance and security with good performance. We use Tufin to use some Check Point products. The product is for the way we manage our security, performance, and boxes.

How has it helped my organization?

The change impact analysis has been very good. We continue to improve.

The change workflow process is flexible and customizable. Right now, we are using SecureChange, which is improving the rules that get applied to Check Point.

We use the solution to automatically check if a change request will violate any security policy rules by generating a Sunday email report in these type of situations.

Using the Tufin reports, for internal and external audits, is a way we can demonstrate how we made compliance. After any of the observation that we get from the audits, we just run the reports one more time to see if our changes are being successfully applied and everything is working according to the requirements.

Tufin has been very helpful to get a lot of groups changed and getting all the information inputted on a tool, then later to applied on the device.

What is most valuable?

We can get reports with Tufin at anytime. We can have automated reports, even with security and compliance.

The visibility is very good, as it incorporates graphics with some charts and comparisons. So, we have very good visibility for the entire tool.

What needs improvement?

I would like to simplify the reports, and maybe have another view besides the charts. Possibly they could be more graphical.

I would like to see them continue improving the versions.

Three to five years.

The stability has been improved, even person by person. It is even stronger in a way.

The scalability is according to performance that we are experience. Therefore, we are getting more devices on this tool, so it has been very helpful for us.

I haven't used their technical support.

The initial setup was very simple. We could obtain deep knowledge information from Tufin's knowledge base (KB).

The solution has helped us to reduce the time it takes to make changes. With Tufin, it takes ten to 15 minutes. Before, it was 30 minutes or more.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Tufin. They are very helpful for IT organizations, as they continue improving SecureChange.

With our security plan, we can see how Tufin meets the basic requirements. Then, we can go and customize if there is any risk, which might be interfering with ports or external networks.

See how Tufin can simplify your network security management

Find out how automation and orchestration of security policy management can help you increase agility and efficiency, while reducing risks and ensuring compliance and audit readiness. Request a Tufin demo today.